Thursday, November 17, 2011

Get some Zero Drop Shoes

I wore my running shoes to work at the gym for about a month when I first started there, and my feet and knees were killing me all the time. I suspected that it was the drop from my heels to toes (my running shoes are the only shoes I have that drop like that.). So I bought a pair of indoor soccer shoes. I think they are Nike Premiers.

Immediately, the pain in my feet, ankles, and knees went away. My knees also don't wobble when doing weighted exercises at the gym. At home, I workout barefoot, but that's not possible at the gym. Zero-drop shoes get me close to that at the gym.

Mine shoes are very narrow, and I wouldn't recommend that (they are a little tight for me). Find something wider and looks shouldn't matter as much as performance. So check around for shoes like indoor soccer shoes or DC skater shoes. They look different but you'll feel better and perform better than everyone else who has their cute running shoes.

*My posting has been short and slow. But in two weeks, my schedule will clear up a lot. I plan to increase my posting here to make this blog more of what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment