Thursday, December 8, 2011

Starting Strength in December

One of my goals for 2012 is very barbell-centric. It's passing the Operator Ugly fitness test from Military Athlete. I linked to it last month.

To pass it, I need to spend serious time getting my bench press, front squat, and deadlift numbers up. The closest exercises that I do to those are goblet squats and weighted push-ups.

I'm spending the month of December working on a barbell strength program called Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe. I'm dropping my other training schedule to get two lifting days in each week. I decided to start in December instead of the normal January start because the gym will be so much busier that it will be hard to get the time in the Power Rack to do this.

What I'm most excited about:

  • Doing something new
  • Seeing how my body responds to heavy squats and deadlifts
  • Seeing what my numbers are in squats, presses, bench presses, etc.
  • Learning the Power Clean

No comments:

Post a Comment