Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I haven't often given personal updates, and I thought I'd start to include more info about myself and my training.
  • I have a new son. Micah was born this week and is happy and healthy. My wife is too. It's been good for me to take a week off to help out around the house. I noticed recently that my fitness and health journey started about the time we found out we were pregnant with our daughter. It may or may not have anything to do with adding children, but now I see what a difference my fitness has had in taking care of my kids and in modeling healthy choices for them. Ellie already knows what exercises are involved in training and often copies me and my wife when we do squats, push-ups, or run sprints. She's already "catching" physical fitness, and I want to keep that up so that fitness is always a fun and normal part of life for her and Micah.
  • In this cycle, my training goal is for muscular endurance--getting my dead-hang pull-up total over 15 (it's was at 14 last month), and my push-up max over 50. I've mainly focused on muscular strength and power over the last year, and I was rehab-ing a shoulder injury, so this will be a little bit of a push for me and why my totals aren't higher.
  • I've started my own personal training business this summer and business is picking up a little. A lot of what I've done is write training programs for people who don't live near here, but have a connection to me. If you are interested in a personal training plan based on your goals, email me at joe[at]furtherupfitness.com.
What are your training goals this cycle?

No comments:

Post a Comment